Recently, many friends have raised questions about the “Guidelines for the Classification and Labeling of Degradable Plastic Products”? The Secretariat of the Degradable Plastics Committee of the China Plastics Association will answer your questions in the form of question and answer. Please follow me below. Let me review again, “Guidelines for the Classification and Labeling of Degradable Plastic Products”!
1. Regarding the biodegradability of degradable plastic shopping bags, the raw material is a material processed from a single polymer, and the biodegradation rate is ≥60%, and the raw material is a mixture, and the biodegradation rate is ≥90%, which is a qualified product.
Question: When the raw materials are mixed polymers, is there a minimum requirement for the proportion of different polymers, such as a certain polymer, what percentage must it reach? Or no matter what the proportion of the various polymers of the raw materials, as long as the biodegradation rate meets the standard of more than 90%?
Answer: In the case of mixed polymers, the ratio of different polymers is not required. The ratio is mainly determined by the manufacturer according to the required physical performance of the product. But the biodegradation rate of the final mixture needs to meet ≥90%, and every single polymer used should be a material that can be completely degraded.
2.At present, does the testing standard for degradable shopping bags not restrict testing agencies as long as they meet the testing standards in accordance with the requirements in the national standard? Or are there other prerequisites for testing agencies? Or specify conditions?
Answer: The inspection of biodegradable shopping bags is mainly carried out in accordance with the national standard GB/T 38082-2019, and there are no restrictions on the testing agency, but it is recommended that the testing agency should at least have the qualifications of CNAS and CMA, and the inspection capabilities and corresponding inspection items The laboratory capacity authorization.
3. According to the standard of GB/T 38082-2019, the thickness of the plastic shopping bag is ≥0.015mm. The national standard of GB/T 21661 “Plastic Shopping Bag” is under revision, and the minimum thickness is ≥0.03mm. When will the revision be completed and will there be time for reference? Before completion, we will implement the standard ≥0.015mm. How long will the transition period after the new standard come out?
Answer: The GB/T 38082-2019 standard stipulates that the minimum thickness of a biodegradable shopping bag is ≥0.015mm in the current standard. The GB/T 21661 standard stipulates non-degradable plastic shopping bags (including non-degradable traditional plastic shopping bags and starch-based plastic shopping bags). Currently GB/T 21661 is the 2008 version with a minimum thickness of 0.025mm; the standard is under revision , The minimum thickness and physical properties will be revised. The main purpose of the revision is to make plastic shopping bags more conducive to repeated use, durable and easy to recycle. The minimum average thickness is planned to be greater than or equal to 0.030mm. When producing, selling, and purchasing by manufacturers, users, etc., biodegradable plastic shopping bags shall be implemented in accordance with the GB/T 38082-2019 standard, and non-degradable plastic shopping bags shall be implemented in accordance with GB/T 21661 (the 2008 version shall be implemented before the revised version is released). The implementation date of the standard will be announced when the standard is released.
4. Regarding labeling: whether the labeling needs to increase the proportion of different polymers, and when there will be a clear standard. In addition, will the specific requirements of the logo be the national standard or will it be adjusted differently according to local policies, such as the upper, lower, left, and right sides of the humanoid logo. Will local governments have different expression requirements?
Answer: The proportion of polymers in the label shall be clearly indicated in accordance with the principle of voluntary labeling by the producer. Regarding the label content of degradable materials, a national standard will be formulated later, which is expected to be released by the end of the year. The graphic logo is fixed. The location of the graphic logo and the text logo can be adjusted according to the size of the product. However, if the manual and other locations are sufficient, it is recommended to mark the location as required by the guide.
5. Regarding the requirement that from January 1, 2021, plastic shopping bags shall fully implement the degradable standards. When will all the standards and standards be expected? How long is the replacement time reserved for enterprises?
Answer: Biodegradable plastic shopping bags are implemented according to GB/T 38082-2019, and non-degradable plastic shopping bags are implemented according to GB/T 21661 (among which non-degradable starch-based plastic shopping bags can be implemented according to GB/T 38079-2019 starch-based plastic shopping bags) ), when the corresponding standard is released, there will be the date of implementation of the standard. When the product indicates the standard, it will be implemented according to the date of implementation of the standard.
6. Can the so-called d2w oxidation biodegradation technology in foreign countries meet the domestic requirements for plastic degradation? Because many manufacturers currently claim to have such degradation products, but currently there is no relevant license in China.
Answer: Oxidatively degradable plastics are not biodegradable plastics. If they cannot be completely degraded, this type of “degradable plastic” that does not meet the current complete degradation requirements does not meet the requirements of GB/T 38082-2019, nor does it meet the requirements of degradable materials. Degradation identification conditions in the guide.
7.Are PLA and PBAT audit details of “QS Industrial Product Production License” for food contact materials? Can it be used to produce packaging materials for food contact?
Answer: The relevant food safety performance requirements of PLA and PBAT are specifically listed in GB 4806.7 and GB 4806.6. As long as they meet the requirements of GB 4806.7 and the label meets the requirements of GB 4806.1, they can be used to produce food contact packaging materials. As for the review of food contact materials “industrial product production license for food safety”, the relevant departments of various provinces and cities have already managed and licensed it. Whether it is necessary to apply for a certificate, the manufacturer can contact the local management department for consultation and confirmation.